POETRY.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013



Possessed by Passion
  
The furious fool lives in bastardly blight,
Yielding to the hopeless hope of self,
To breathe thick and slow in the swell and swagger,
Trapped in wrathful addiction:
The tyranny of lies...

But in the concocted contortion of pride,
He is caught, snatched by the subtle snag of truth,
Only to find Himself prey and predator,
Fighting feral and barbaric, to flail in caged rage:
Swallowed by sin...

Knitted and knotted, He is knocked noxious,
Toxically trumped, unwound and unborn,
Broken in glory, and wishing in murderous sorrow,
For unknowing, for pain, for end:
Lost in honest hatred...

But rage is a wind that must be spent,
And once blown, consumes itself,
With nothing left but the original,
Empty and small, exposed and smothered:
A heart aching for a heart...

Severe and bright, staggered and stupid
Flung headlong into joy, with a mad devotion,
He is feverish and clear in a cacophony emotion,
Won in wildest delight, freed and held tight:
Possessed by passion...

©2013 Alison Zacharias

  *This Poem has very special meaning to me: it describes my tortured journey of falling in love with God. I did no realize that as I was describing the stages I went through that I was describing the 5 stages of grief. But I could not leave it there, I could not leave it at the stage of reduced and broken pieces, of finally finding what I so desperately needed, what I had always desired but did not know I could have or ever deserved to have: “A heart aching for a heart...”. No, because It is a love story, and all beautiful love stories end with joy, fulfilment  being loved for everything thing that you are, and loving them back with your whole self, madly and completely selfless: “Possessed by passion”.


No comments:

Post a Comment